Are you interested in volunteering for Keep Truckee Green? We host and attend events throughout the year. Leave us your info so we can keep you posted on upcoming opportunities like clean-up days and public workshops.
Feed Truckee Food Delivery Drivers
Are you passionate about fighting hunger and reducing food waste? Volunteer for our new food recovery partnership, Feed Truckee! Help drive surplus bread products from Truckee Sourdough Company to Sierra Community House for their weekly food distributions. This is a low time commitment but high impact opportunity to give back to the community. Learn more and sign up here!
Grab A Bag Program
You can now volunteer to keep Truckee clean anytime, anywhere! Keep Truckee Green has partnered with eleven businesses in Town to offer litter pick-up supplies to residents and visitors alike and reward community care with prizes and discounts.
How it works:
- Look for this poster hanging in a business’s window.
- Scan the QR code with your cell phone to fill out this one-time volunteer waiver.
- Ask your business for a litter pick-up bag.
- Pick up litter! You can focus on the area around the business, or go to any spot in or out of Town that needs some TLC.
- Bring your bag of litter back to the business and exchange it for a discount, reusable straw, bamboo utensil set, swag, or a freshly baked treat.
- Ask your business where to put your trash and they will direct you to their dumpster or the dumpster at Truckee Town Hall.
Are you a business interested in being a grab bag site? Please contact the Keep Truckee Green team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Truckee Litter Corps
Truckee Litter Corps (TLC) is a volunteer-led litter clean-up group that meets the first Saturday of each month to clean up Truckee streets and trails. Volunteers will meet at the designated location from 8-8:30 am to receive a TLC t-shirt, supplies, and street assignment. All ages are welcome, but minors must be accompanied by an adult.
After participating in a TLC cleanup event, please submit your litter data here.
“We recognize the heightened awareness and concern about the litter in Truckee and our region. Litter is a visual and visceral problem, unlike many other environmental issues, which often go undetected to the naked eye. Trash accumulating in our natural environment is detrimental to the quality of our environment and quality of life here in Truckee. Do your part; pack it in, pack it out”
For more events and volunteer opportunities across the Truckee-Tahoe region, visit Take Care Tahoe’s events and volunteering page!