Looking to increase the energy efficiency of your home? You don’t have to do it alone! In Truckee there are a number of incentives and services available to help you evaluate your options and to pay for home upgrades. These technologies can help to improve air quality in your home, reduce energy bills, and reduce your home’s carbon footprint.
From the Truckee Donner Public Utilities District (TDPUD)
- Money back on Energy Star rated electric appliances, heat pumps, heat pump water heaters, induction cooktops, EV chargers, electric panel upgrades, efficient toilets and building envelope upgrades. You can now apply online for these rebates.
- Money back on water leak repairs
- FREE remote home energy audits that provide residents with tips to save on their energy bills and reduce energy use (COMING SOON)
- Energy Savings Assistance Program for income-eligible customers. Provides an energy assessment along with installation of qualifying home weatherization measures (Currently undergoing updates – STAY TUNED!)
From Liberty Utilities
- FREE home energy audits that provide residents with tips to save on their energy bills and reduce energy use. Include an energy efficiency toolkit with LED lightbulbs, advanced energy strips and more.
- Money back on EV charger installations for residents and small business customers
- Energy Savings Assistance Program for income-eligible customers. Provides an energy assessment along with installation of qualifying home weatherization measures.
From the Statewide TECH Incentive
- For single-family dwellings, enrolled contractors can earn $3,000 for any Heat Pump HVAC installation, and $3,100 or $1,000 for any HPWH installation, depending on gas or electric replacement, respectively.
- Provides FREE assistance to local residents wanting to electrify their homes. Services include:
- Electrification roadmap consults (1 hour visit to your home or building to help you understand your best path to electrify)
- Recommendations for specific equipment replacements
- Lending of induction cooking ranges
- Answering typical FAQs – “what about the grid, what about power outages, etc.”