Community Garden/Farmers Market
Drop off your compost May-October at the Community Garden or Farmers Market. Materials dropped off at the farmers market will be used in the demonstration garden. This budding partnership between Slow Food Lake Tahoe and Keep Truckee Green produces compost to grow organic produce for community members in need.
What Can Be Composted?
- Coffee grounds
- Sawdust from untreated wood
Keep Out of Our Compost:
- Anything sprayed with pesticides or herbicides
- Pet feces/kitty litter
- Plastic or compostable cutlery, bags or containers
- Tea bags/coffee filters
- Tissues/paper towels
- Shredded newspaper
- Truckee Demonstration Garden
Drop-off anytime | May – October
Located at the Regional Park. See map below for directions.
- Truckee Certified Farmer’s Market
Tuesdays | May 14 – October 15
8am – 1pm @ Truckee River Regional Park
10500 Brockway Road, Truckee